Jordyn's Journey to Triumph Over ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia)


Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hair....

We have been talking with Jordyn about her hair and trying to prepare her for when it will possibly fall out. This has been a very hard subject for her, and she is very sad to know she might become bald, but happy to know it should grow back when she is done with her chemo treatments, but sad that it won't be for quite sometime. She has been talking about doing a photo session with me before she loses it in her favorite outfit, and it has been something that seems very important to her. Tonight, when I ran my finger very softly and gently through the very ends of her hair, about 10 pieces of hair would come out every time. I decided tonight was probably the best time since she hasn't been feeling too yucky today, and had more energy than usual. We set up my studio and did some pictures. She was very sweet and told me she wasn't even going to stick her tongue out for them and was just going to sit and smile for the camera. It went well, and I will try to get those pictures up soon. Then she was ready for bed, but she was so concerned that her hair will all fall out before she got her first hair cut. She wanted to do it right then and there, so we did. Jordyn got her first hair cut of her life tonight. Here is the before and after. Not the greatest pictures ever, but you get the idea.

1 comment:

  1. Hair loss is a rather hard thing to talk to a child about when Loralai was 6 she was brushing her hair and a fist sized area came out. Thankfully it grew back and has not happened again. But that time was so hard to show her it would all be okay. If you need help if you decide to go down the wig route I would be happy to help you with anything I can I use to work for new world hair maintaining wigs and tapes and bonding glues.

    ReplyDelete