Jordyn's Journey to Triumph Over ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia)


Sunday, November 18, 2012

Just for Jordyn Fundraiser Kickoff Review

Jordyn's fundraiser kick off went very well. We were amazed at all the support there was for us and our sweet little girl. There were games for the kids to play and booths to look at. I even decided to let Jordyn go... Under the condition that she wore her surgical mask and carried around hand sanitizer and used it frequently to prevent herself from getting sick. I actually felt at peace with this decision, which is odd, because usually I am worried sick anytime I take her anywhere because her immune system is so suppressed that I worry and feel super guilty afterwards. Anyway... She had an amazing time and really didn't want to go home, even when she was practically falling asleep. Eventually she realized she was completely exhausted and came up to me and said, "Can I go home now mommy?" I wish I had gotten more pictures while I was there...



We are so grateful for everyone rallying to help our family out. This has been a difficult journey for our entire family and it is wonderful to know that people are there for us. We are thankful for every thought, donation, and especially prayers for us. I also want to thank Jordyn's wonderful dance teacher, Judy Thompson of Back to Basics School of Dance for all of the time and effort and love she has put into helping out (both with fundraising and the special effort she makes to help Jordyn continue doing what she loves). Jordyn is so very blessed to have such wonderful people in her life.



We came home from the fundraiser and we were all pretty tired, but Jordyn had thankfully gotten a nap. Jordyn's aunt Ashlee had said she would shave her head when Jordyn's hair fell out, and so Jordyn made sure she did it while she was up here. Ashlee even let Jordyn do the shaving as much as she wanted. I should also mention that Jordyn's uncle Jon shaved his head in support of our little one as well, I just don't have the pic on my computer.



Jordyn loves her aunt Ashlee!



My kids enjoyed rubbing Ashlee's almost bald head.



I will try to update when I know how much was raised. I am not sure the amount yet, but I feel like it was super successful, and we are truly grateful. I am also going to remind everyone that she has another fundraiser coming up on December 1st from 9 am to noon at the Endrizzi Home: 1332 Creekhaven Dr. Riverton, UT 84065 Help Jordyn fight Luekemia. Donate items or come and shop. We will have all kinds of holiday decor, gifts, and baked goods . Please come and support this good cause and start your shopping off right for Christmas. I will post more reminders on this after Thanksgiving as well.

We will find out soon if Jordyn is on schedule for her next chemo treatment. If she is, she will also be getting treatments at home in this next stage. It is supposed to be one of the most difficult stages of treatment for Jordyn's type of cancer. When she starts, we will need love and prayers more than ever. Thank you everyone for your support, we greatly appreciate it!

1 comment:

  1. I loved helping at the fundraiser. Jordyn is simple beautiful so sweet and has such a sweet spirit. As much as I would like to get info out I will I wanted to nominate you for a Lovely Blog Award www.angelaluvnlife.com http://wp.me/p2e3du-al Much love to all of you :)

    ReplyDelete