Jordyn has been super tired lately, and her body hurts her a lot of the time, and she feels a bit nauseous as well. Last Sunday, her ANC was 1100 which was good and had me hopeful that we would be on track for once and not delayed in her treatments. However, she had counts drawn again on Thursday, and her ANC was 400, which is considered neutropenic (high risk for infection), and too low for chemo. She is supposed to start the next phase of treatments this week (if she makes counts). Most of her treatments are blood count dependent. Blood was drawn today, and we should know by tomorrow if her counts are at a good place or not and if she can move on to the next round.
Delays are nice sometimes because Jordyn gets to a point where she feels better and is more able to be her fun loving and happy self, however at the same time, delays scare me a bit. I worry when she is not getting the chemo that keeps her cancer away.
I am not super hopeful that her counts will be good for this weeks chemo because her temperature keeps fluctuating between normal and 99.4 which for her generally means she is neutropenic, but we shall she tomorrow what they are and if she is still low.